Photo by Nicole De Khors
Winter is all about crisp morning walks in the cool, fresh air and cosy evenings curled up with a blanket and a good book (in front of a crackling fire if you're fortunate!) It is a time of rest and regeneration, restoration and repair.
But that first burst of cold Autumn air can also bring about changes and habits that can dehydrate and damage our skin, resulting in a dry, dull complexion.
Our 6 Tips for your Best Winter Skin will help keep you radiant and glowing all season long:
1) As enticing as they are, long, hot showers can seriously dry out your skin. Enjoy shorter, warm showers followed by nourishing body lotions and oils to keep your skin hydrated and supple this winter. Remember to apply your lotions immediately following your shower or bath to prevent Trans-epidermal Water Loss (TEWL).
2) Dry skin can make fine lines and wrinkles appear more visible. Look for a moisturiser with ingredients like nourishing oils, lipids, fatty acids and hyaluronic acid to hydrate, nourish and smooth your skin. Shop The Ultimate Moisturiser.
3) Invest in a humidifier. Use a humidifier in your bedroom or home office to help combat dehydrated skin (and help you breathe easier through the flu season!)
4) Harsh weather can make skin appear dull and rough. Use a serum or moisturiser with Vitamin C in the morning and Lactic Acid in the evening for brighter, smoother and more even toned skin. Shop The Regenerative Facial Serum, Shop The Ultimate Moisturiser.
5) Go fragrance-free. Fragrance in skincare can be irritating, especially to skin compromised by dry air, harsh winds and piping hot water. Skip the fake fragrance and opt for high quality, nourishing formulas that repair and strengthen your skin barrier. Shop the Status Quo Refined Ritual.
6) Don’t skip the SPF. Even in winter sun damage can cause wrinkles and premature ageing (and even dry out the skin further). Choose a hydrating formula to nourish and protect your skin at the same time. For example, Ultra Violette, Naked Sundays.